Saturday, July 18, 2009

Selling Dreams

So I looked up the definition of the word HOE in the dictionary (dictionary.com actually) and this is what it said:

a long-handled implement having a thin, flat blade usually set transversely, used to break up the surface of the ground, destroy weeds, etc

Clearly that wasn't the definition that I was looking for. SO I looked up WHORE, thinking that would give me what I need. And this is what it said:

a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

I wouldn't consider myself a hoe. I'm not a garden tool and I'm not a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse. I am very flirtatious however. Maybe a little too flirtatious for a man that's in a healthy and committed relationship. I don't find anything wrong with flirting. My BF could flirt with anyone that he wants to (and I'm sure he does) and I wouldn't get upset because I know who he comes home to. Flirting generally means nothing. People like attention and flirting is a way of getting it. Of course if your mate is giving you all of the attention that you need then you don't need to flirt with anyone, correct? Maybe...maybe not. I flirt because I like attention and I like how it feels to know that you want me but you can't have me. Selfish, isn't it? But I'm a selfish guy...I like to have my cake and eat it too...but that's a story for another time.

The bottom line is this: I'm a man. Men have wandering eyes and there's nothing you can do about it. I flirt every now and then. Of course I'm not bold enough to do it with my BF around. That would be rude...but I do it. And it's innocent flirting. I don't go around saying shit like "Say pa, you look good. When you gon let me fuck?" No, nothing like that...but if you are cute I will let you know. And after that I'll let you know that I'm in a healthy and committed relationship.

2 comments:

  1. Yes...Flirting is definitely good for the ego. I try to do it as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the line of flirting and lusting crossed?

    Flirting is an expression of sexuality and a common form of social interaction whereby one person obliquely indicates a romantic or sexual interest towards another. It can consist of conversation, body language, or brief physical contact. It may be one-sided or reciprocated (encouraged).

    Flirting may involve speaking and acting in a way that suggests greater intimacy than is generally considered appropriate to the relationship (or to the amount of time the two people have known each other), without actually saying or doing anything that breaches any serious social norms. This may be accomplished by communicating a sense of playfulness or irony. Double entendres, with one meaning more formally appropriate and another more suggestive, may be used.

    While some of the subconscious signs are universal across cultures, flirting etiquette varies significantly across cultures which can lead to misunderstandings. There are differences in how closely people should stand (proxemics), how long to hold eye contact, and so forth.

    Purposes: there are 2....

    1. People flirt for a number of reasons. It is often used as a means of indicating interest and gauging the other person's interest in a relationship. Alternatively, it may simply be a prelude to casual sex.

    2. In other situations, it may be done simply for amusement, with no intention of developing any further relationship. This type of flirting sometimes faces disapproval from others, either because it can be misinterpreted as more serious, or it may be viewed as "cheating" if the person is already in a romantic relationship with someone else.

    SO my purpose for this comment is for your readers and your self....when does flirting cross it's boundaries or are there no boundaries. For an example what happens if you send a naked picture of your dick or ass to someone...is that "Flirting" or what about when someone writes a poem indicating phone sex between you too and their constant thirst for you but can not have you because of your relationship. "Flirting" is healthy but what is the social norms that following? what is deemed acceptable and what is not? I believe that this up to the person that is flirting which gives them the power to do and act as the deem acceptable thus, create a alternate universe for ones mind to wonder through aimlessly and doing what ever it wants. I am reminded of the movie Harry Potter, when the magician Dumbledor was tricked by his most trusted Wizard Senth...the half blooded prince. Could it be that we are blinded by our own self that we believe the world is against us or trying to trap us...or is it our paranoid thoughts that entrap us. Flirting is healthy so, maybe i wrote all this to say, the man in the mirror does he see what you do and if so as long as he approves nothing matters.

    ReplyDelete