Tuesday, July 21, 2009

FBI

OK I'm not gonna lie to yall...I'm guilty of the actions that I'm about to rant about. (But I only did it ONCE)

So everybody has a cell phone these days (trust me, I work for a cell phone company). Our cell phones contain our lives...they have our pictures, Facebook/Myspace/Twitter accounts, videos, texts, emails, etc. Everything about us is in our phone.

So when you are in a relationship is it ok to go through your boyfriend/girlfriends phone? Is it ok to read their texts or view their pictures? Is it ok to go through their Myspace and Facebook messages? Some would say yes, and others would say no. Some say that you have every right to know what's going on in your relationship. They say that you have the right to know who's talking to your boyfriend, or texting him, or sending him pictures. Others say that everyone has a right to privacy and by viewing the contents of their phone you are BLATANTLY disrespecting that right.

So what causes the temptation to go through someones phone? Generally people do this because they think something is going on...they think their boyfriend or girlfriend is cheating on them.

If you think your boyfriend or girlfriend is CHEATING on you, then you should confront the situation instead of trying to play the role of a private investigator because you will most likely get hurt. It's very tempting to go through your mates phone, especially when it's ringing all day long. You want to see what's going on. Trust me, I understand. You want to know if your boyfriend or girlfriend is being faithful.

We all have the right to know if the person we love is being faithful to us, but the best way to find out is to COMMUNICATE with that person and observe their behavior. Trust me, what's done in the dark ALWAYS comes to light.

1 comment:

  1. I agree and I think this blog post is great. I don't even go near my BFs phone and never really had the urge to. He's never given me a reason to think he's doing anything and I'd feel too guilty if i went through it and didn't find anything. Good post!!

    ReplyDelete