Monday, November 16, 2009

Poison, pt. 3

I woke up the next morning in my bed, naked.

Strange

The last thing I remember is banging Ronnie and Quinton before passing out on the couch. My phone beeped...text message.

"We need to talk...Roxanne"

Fuck that bitch...I hopped in the shower.

Another text message:

"When can we meet again???...Quinton"

Hmm...I was trying to leave that lifestyle alone. I had no desire to be with men, but last night with  Quinton and Ronnie had my mind wandering. Should I ignore his message? Or should I invite him over for another round? I like option 2. I told him to come over later that evening.

As I got dressed for work I started thinking about Roxanne. There was no way that baby was mine! I was definitely going to take a paternity test when the baby was born. I decided to be cordial and meet Roxanne for dinner.

*****

I arrived at the restaurant around 5:30 and got a table. She was running late...figures. She arrived about ten minutes later, wearing a tight green dress and some black stilettos.

"Damn, you look good"

"I know...I have someone I want you to meet."

"Who?"

"You'll see"

Our waiter interrupted the conversation

"Can I get you started with something to drink?"

"I'll have a Corona," I said

"I'll have a glass of wine" she said.

"I thought you were pregnant?"

She got quiet...then decided to get water instead.

"What the fuck Roxanne? Wine?"

"I'm sorry...I just...I don't know"

I didn't know what to think about this situation. I was about to get up and walk away when her guest arrived.

"Paul, this is my cousin Quinton. He plays for UCLA and he should be going pro..."

What the fuck?

I was just smashing his BRAINS out last night...I ordered another Corona because I could tell that this would be a long night.

We shook each others hand and pretended that this was our first time meeting each other.

5 comments: