Thursday, August 27, 2009

Maybe I'm Being Selfish (Not Really)

My parents have been married for 23 years and during that time they have moved 10 times (military). During these moves my parents coordinated everything TOGETHER. My mother didn't do anything by herself and neither did my father. Every single detail was coordinated TOGETHER.

Moving is a stressful process. You have to make sure everything gets from point A to point B in once piece. You have to pack...move...unpack. It's very tedious and time consuming. It is impossible for anyone to take on this task alone.

You would think that someone in a relationship would have all the help that they need in this situation. I have been involved for about a year without asking for anything, but I asked for this one SIMPLE favor and it seems like its a problem. I'm really not understanding why it's an issue, especially since I'm not the only one that will be living in this house.

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW THATS RIGHT!

    WHAT I WOULD SAY IS A SERIOUS ONE ON ONE NEEDS TO HAPPEN BECAUSE WHILE YOUR MATE MAY NOT SEE THESE THING AS MAJOR AND WILL PASS, IT MAY NOT. IT PROBABLY WILL NOT. THATS A GREAT DEAL OF HURT TO EXPERIENCE TO. ITS NOT THE SITUATION, ITS THE ASKING OF A FAVOR THAT BENEFITS BOTH OF US AND NOT GETTING ANY SUPPORT. ITS THE AUDACITY OF REFUSAL OR NON PARTICIPATION. IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY AND THESE ARE THE LITTLE BRICKS IN THE FOUNDATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP THAT WILL BEGIN TO CRACK.

    THEY CRACK BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE THOUGHT ALL THE WHILE THIS WOULD BE A NO BRAINER, BUT APPARENTLY, THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU STILL DO NOT KNOW. ESPECIALLY IF IT LEAVES YOU PONDERING CERTAIN THINGS LIKE WHY IS IT EVEN AN ISSUE TO BEGIN WITH.


    *DELLA!

    I HOPE I WAS OF SOME ASSISTANCE.

    ReplyDelete